Aquabead pond filter backwashing
Here is the backwash sequence that I use
to backwash my Aquabead filter:
1. Turn off pump (or unplug)
2. Move multi-port to Backiwash
3. Turn on pump
for 5-10 seconds
(fills filter chamber with water for
more efficient air blower bead agitation)
4. Turn off pump, move multi-port to 'Rinse'
5. Turn on blower for 15 - 30 seconds
You want to hear nice bead agitation and hear the beads hitting
the top of the filter, otherwise - try steps 1-3 above again.
6. Move multi-port to backwash
7. Turn on pump for 30-60 seconds
(dirty water will discharge from waste line)
8. Run backwash until water clears,
or can also view in sight glass on side of multi-port
9. Turn off pump, and move multi-port
back to Filter
10. Turn pump back on.
- run through steps 1-10 again for second backwash.
AlphaONE Backwash Instructions
BACK TO AQUABEAD and ALPHAONE